> I am about to embark on a project which involves extensive use of
collecting
> data and dispersing information using Barcode. As always, I am short on
time,
> to do the necessary homework. I would appreciate sample RPG, DDS, CLP
sources
> and other necessary information to go about achieving this task.

This pgm prints a work order on 8x11 paper, with a 3 of 9 barcode at top of
order
DDS for print file NTOPRTDD
A* INCLUDE BARCODE KEYWORD
A* SPECIAL COMPILE INSTRUCTIONS
A* CRTPRTF FILE(NTOPRTDD) SRCFILE(QDDSSRC) DEVTYPE(*AFPDS)
A          R $PRINT
A                                      SKIPB(3)
A                                    31'WORK ORDER:'
A            NMWO#          7  0     43
A            BARCOD         7        54BARCODE(CODE3OF9 1)
A                                    79 ' '
A                                      SPACEA(3)
A ... more

RPG (old program in rpgiii) is no different than any other print program
with an external print file
FWO              IF  E           K        DISK
FNTOPRTD1O   E             88     PRINTER
C* PRINT NTO REQUEST DETAIL
C                     MOVE NMWO#     BARCOD
C                     WRITE$PRINT

clp overrides print file & calls pgm
OVRPRTF    FILE(NTOPRTD1) PAGESIZE(66 80) OUTQ(QPRINT)
CALL       PGM(NTOPRT1)

hth
jim franz