Hans

Two questions;

1.   <<VALUE and CONST should be used when passing parameters to
procedures where the procedure does not change the value
passed. >>

My understanding is if passed by Value and the procedure Does modify the
passed parameter
the Caller doesn't see the change.    Is that correct?
Is it also correct for CONST ?

2.
>>But I'd recommend returning a data structure
instead.  In V5R1, that has been made much easier now that
you can code LIKEDS as the type of the return value.>>
Cheers!  Hans

Are you saying that in V5R1 my return variable can be defined
(LIKEDS) like an Externally Defined D/S ?

So if I can now return (in essence) an Externally Defined D/S,
Can I get the Ext D/S  covered in my DSPPGMREF command, can I huh ?
Can I ?  Huh?

Can you make sure that both Caller/Callee use the same D/S definition?

John