From: Mike Naughton [mailto:mnaughton@juddwire.com]
Sent: 11 December 2001 14:55
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Age/Experience

rpg400-l@midrange.com writes:
>My point is that it is often the younger programmers who
>have to blaze the new trails and show the way for us stodgy
>old-timers.

And what I've found interesting is that younger programmers seem to be
among us in force. From some of the gloom-and-doom stuff I've read, I
would not have been surprised to discover that we've all seen the better
side of 50 (or 45, anyway), and there would be no one in their 20's or
30's (since "no one" is learning RPG anymore). From the responses, I see
that is decidedly not true.

I don't know about anybody else, but it makes _me_ feel more optimistic
about the platform. . .

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst
Judd Wire, Inc.