Surprise, it goes both ways.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    MWalter@hanoverwi
                    re.com                  To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                cc:
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com              Subject:     Re: Downloading Excel
File to Physical File

                    11/01/2001 03:07
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

Rob,

I wasn't aware that you could move data TO your AS/400 with this add-in. I
don't use it much but I thought it was only a download not upload.

Thanks,

Mark

Mark Walter
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Hanover Wire Cloth a div of CCX, Inc.
mwalter@hanoverwire.com
http://www.hanoverwire.com
717.637.3795 Ext.3040

                    rob@dekko.com
                    Sent by:                 To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi        cc:
                    drange.com               Subject:     Re: Downloading
Excel File to Physical File

                    11/01/01 03:00 PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

Probably better served on the midrange-l group.  If you have one of the
proper flavors of Client Access there is a method in Excel to do a transfer
a file from/to excel to a file.  Here's a start:
Client Access Express provides a Microsoft Excel add-in for data transfer
which allows you to run download and upload transfer requests from the
32-bit versions of Microsoft Excel. You must first install the Microsoft
Excel add-in in order to transfer data from the host system to a
spreadsheet.

If Microsoft Excel was installed on your PC before Client Access Express,
the Client Access Express setup program will automatically install the
Microsoft Excel add-in when you choose to install Data transfer Excel
Add-in support. This support is installed during a typical and full
install, but may not have been installed in a custom or 5250 install.

If Microsoft Excel was installed on your PC after Client Access Express:

1    Ensure that you installed Data Transfer Excel Add-in support when you
installed Client Access Express.  This support is installed during a
typical and full install, but may not have been installed in a custom or
5250 install. Click here for information on installing a Client Access
Express component.
2    Open Microsoft Excel.
3    Select Tools > Add-Ins.
4    Click Browse.
5    Locate the path in which you installed Client Access Express.
6    Double click the shared folder.

7    Double click the cwbtfxla file.
8    Click OK.

Now you will be able to click on the data transfer toolbar icon that
appears on your Microsoft Excel toolbar. You can also run a data transfer
request by selecting Transfer Data From AS/400 from the Data menu.

I had to do a search on cwbtfxla* to find this bugger.

Rob Berendt

==================
Benjamin Franklin

                    JMBauman@wardtruc
                    king.com                To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com
                    Sent by:                cc:
                    rpg400-l-admin@mi       Fax to:
                    drange.com              Subject:     Downloading Excel
File to Physical File

                    11/01/2001 02:18
                    PM
                    Please respond to
                    rpg400-l

Hi Everyone.  I need to download an excel file into a physical file.  I was
just going to download it to a non-dds file and use it as a program
described file but I thought I would run it by the group.  Thanks in
advance for all your help

John M. Bauman
Lead Programmer
Ward Trucking
Second Avenue & Seventh Street, Greenwood
Altoona, Pa 16602

Voice: (800) 458-3625 Ext. 284
Voice Direct: (814) 947-1284 (Direct Line)
Fax: (814) 944-5470
JMBauman@Wardtrucking.com

Visit our website at http://www.wardtrucking.com