From: Carsten Flensburg [mailto:flensburg@novasol.dk]
Sent: Saturday, October 20, 2001 2:59 AM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: QGYOLSPL & QGYGTLE APIs

Hello Jim,

The receiver variable and receiver variable length are 2 individual
parameters and as such passed as 2 individual addresses (pointers) - as
opposed to a structure having a number of subfields and passed as a single
address.  To know how much storage it is safe to reference for the first
parameter the QGYOLSPL API will simply resolve the integer value referenced
by the second parameter.

To monitor an output queue you could also attach a data queue (see the DTAQ
parameter on the CHGOUTQ command) and have a job waiting on the data queue
to process the spooled files as they hit the output queue and enters the RDY
status. HLD spooled files won't show up in the data queue though, to catch
those the API approach is required.

Best regards,
Carsten Flens