From: Jim Langston [mailto:jlangston@celsinc.com]
Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2001 12:34 PM
To: 'rpg400-l@midrange.com'
Subject: Re: EDTOBJAUT in CL program?

Already used the GRTOBJAUT command as a submitted job so the
issue is resolved but to answer your question:

Yes, we have considered using the reuse deleted records function, but
dismissed it for a few reasons.
The main reason is that there is a performance hit when using deleted
records, albeit a slight one.
The second reason is that there are times when you want to know what were
the last records added to a database file, and the easiest way is to view
the file and scroll to the bottom and look.  This is a secondary reason,
however, and if it wasnt' for the performance hit we would be reusing
deleted records I think.

Regards,

Jim Langston