> How can I get the Time zone info from the AS/400. We have AS/400 across the
> US, and I am sending data from each of the AS/400 to a Central server for a
> Data warehouse. I need to send the Time zone or if I can get the GMT is also
> O.K.

Use system value QUTCOFFSET (Coordinated universal time offset).  GMT = Current
System Time - QUTCOFFSET.  Note that this value is
stored in a character field.

This is the help text for it:

Specify the number of hours and minutes the current system
time differs from Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) by
subtracting from local time to obtain Greenwich mean time.
This value is 5 characters.  The first character is a plus
(+) or minus (-) sign.  The next 2 characters specify
hours ranging from 00 through 24.  The last 2 characters
specify minutes ranging from 00 through 59.  The value can
be separated by a colon (+00:00).

Hope this helps,
Seth Shields
Julius Blum, Inc.