NigsRpgId@aol.com wrote:
> CL Pgm A - sets library list & calls RPG Pgm B
> RPG Pgm B - calls various programs, including a CALLB to RPG Module C
> RPG Module C - uses procedures defined within Service Program D
> Service program D is a group of procedures/functions. There
> is no mainline code. The service program uses a named
> activation group.
>
> Programs A and B run in the default activation group.
> Service Program D runs in its own named activation group.
>
> My problem is when the user executes the function the first
> time, all works well. However if the process returns to CL
> Pgm A, to set/reset library list, the named activation group
> for the service program D is deleted.

That shouldn't be the case unless a RCLACTGRP command is executed, or
the API (CEETREC?) is called from within the service program.  If either
of these is happening, stopping it should remove the problem.

However, the real cause of the problem is program P running in the
default activation group.  The default activation group is there to
provide ILE/OPM compatibility, and if you are developing in ILE, you
should really steer well clear of it, as it often leads to problems like
this.  If, in a case like the above, you run RCLACTGRP *ELIGIBLE, for
example (strongly NOT recommended outside of develpment/testing) the
service program's activation group will be destroyed, but the default
one can't be.  Then, when you call program A again, the system expects
everything downstream to be activated (because it doesn't have to create
the first activation group, I assume).  And when it isn't, you get the
behaviour you see.

HTH.

Cheers,

Martin.