From: Chris Beck [mailto:CBeck@good-sam.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 30, 2001 10:54 AM
To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
Subject: Re: Copy book useage.

I am trying to create a program to do this, but I am getting a (RNQ1011
Undefined record type is found in file SOURCEPF)

Here is my Programs

First I do this ovrdbf,
OVRDBF     FILE(SOURCEPF) TOFILE(&MLLIB/&MLFILE) +
                         MBR(&MLNAME) LVLCHK(*NO)
Then I call the rpgle

FSOURCEPF  IF   E             DISK

C                   READ      SOURCEPF
C                   DOU       %EOF
C                   IF        %SUBST(SRCDTA:8:5) = '/COPY'

C                   ENDIF
C                   READ      SOURCEPF
C                   ENDDO

Any suggestion??

>>> mnaughton@juddwire.com 08/28/01 03:52PM >>>
I assume what you want is to print a report showing source code lines that
begin with "/COPY"? If so, one way would be:
1) DSPFD OPTION(*MBRLIST) your source files into an output file
2) Write an RPG program to read through a source file member looking for
the lines you want and printing them on the report
3) Since your program will only recognize one member of the file, either
a) write a CL program to loop through the outfile from the DSPFD command,
doing an OVRDBF and then calling the RPG program for each member, or b)
make the source file USROPN in the RPG program and then do basically the
same thing entirely within the RPG program (some people -- like my boss --
don't like CL for some reason :-).
Note that if you use the CL option & you want one long report, make sure
you leave LR *OFF at the end of the program; then when you're done, call
it with a special parm to set LR on.
Note also that if you're mixing ILE and OPM source code, you may have
different source file record formats, so you might need two (remarkably
similar) programs, one for each type of source.

hth -- it's kind of a quick overview, but if you have more questions I'll
be happy to try to help.

rpg400-l@midrange.com writes:
>Is there a way to find out (print a report) of all the programs that use
>a copy book, and what it is.  I don't want to use a option 25 in pdm, I
>have way to many programs to do that.
>

>Chris Beck

Mike Naughton
Senior Programmer/Analyst