I hope I don't get beat up over this, but I wouldn't write a subprocedure.

Instead, use this data structure (if you can) in your calling program.
D                 DS
D#DateTime                        Z
D #Date                           D   Overlay(#DateTime)
D #Time                           T   Overlay(#DateTime:12)

Now you are  only two statements away from what you want:

C                   Time                    #DateTime

C                   Move      #Date         #DateANY
     ***OR***
C                   Eval      #DateANY = #Date

You define #DateANY to be whatever format you need.

Will this work for you?

Patrick Conner
www.ConnecTown.com
(828) 244-0822

__________________

sure.

here is the prototype.
 D GCurrDate       PR              D
 D  Dt_Fmt                        4    Value

here is the procedure
PGCurrdate        B                   Export
 *
 *  Input Values
 *
D GCurrDate       PI              D
D  Dt_Fmt                        4    Value

  *
 D DateMDY         S               D   datfmt(*mdy)
 D DateDMY         S               D   datfmt(*dmy)
 D DateYMD         S               D   datfmt(*ymd)
 D DateJUL         S               D   datfmt(*jul)
 D DateISO         S               D   datfmt(*iso)
 D DateUSA         S               D   datfmt(*usa)
 D DateEUR         S               D   datfmt(*eur)
 D DateJIS         S               D   datfmt(*jis)
D DateAlpha       S               D   Inz

D                 ds
D TimeDate                      14  0
D  Time60                        6  0 overlay(TimeDate:  1)
D  Date80                        8  0 overlay(TimeDate:  7)

  *  Get the current time                              *
 C                   Time                    TimeDate
 C                   Select
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*MDY'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateMDY
 C                   Movel     DateMDY       DateAlpha

 *
C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*DMY'
C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateDMY
C                   Movel     DateDMY       DateAlpha
 *
C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*YMD'
C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateYMD
C                   Movel     DateYMD       DateAlpha
 *
  *
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*JUL'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateJUL
 C                   Movel     DateJUL       DateAlpha
  *
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*ISO'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateISO
 C                   Movel     DateISO       DateAlpha

  *
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*USA'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateUSA
 C                   Movel     DateUSA       DateAlpha
  *
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*EUR'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateEUR
 C                   Movel     DateEUR       DateAlpha
  *
  *
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*JIS'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateJIS
 C                   Movel     DateJIS       DateAlpha
 C                   EndSl
  *
 C                   Return    DateAlpha
 P GCurrDate       E

here is the pertinent pieces from the call

D#CURRENT         S               D
EVAL      #CURRENT = GCURRDATE('*MDY')