sure.

here is the prototype.
 D GCurrDate       PR              D
 D  Dt_Fmt                        4    Value

here is the procedure
PGCurrdate        B                   Export
 *
 *  Input Values
 *
D GCurrDate       PI              D
D  Dt_Fmt                        4    Value

  *
 D DateMDY         S               D   datfmt(*mdy)
 D DateDMY         S               D   datfmt(*dmy)
 D DateYMD         S               D   datfmt(*ymd)
 D DateJUL         S               D   datfmt(*jul)
 D DateISO         S               D   datfmt(*iso)
 D DateUSA         S               D   datfmt(*usa)
 D DateEUR         S               D   datfmt(*eur)
 D DateJIS         S               D   datfmt(*jis)
D DateAlpha       S               D   Inz

D                 ds
D TimeDate                      14  0
D  Time60                        6  0 overlay(TimeDate:  1)
D  Date80                        8  0 overlay(TimeDate:  7)

  *  Get the current time                              *
 C                   Time                    TimeDate
 C                   Select
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*MDY'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateMDY
 C                   Movel     DateMDY       DateAlpha

 *
C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*DMY'
C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateDMY
C                   Movel     DateDMY       DateAlpha
 *
C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*YMD'
C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateYMD
C                   Movel     DateYMD       DateAlpha
 *
  *
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*JUL'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateJUL
 C                   Movel     DateJUL       DateAlpha
  *
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*ISO'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateISO
 C                   Movel     DateISO       DateAlpha

  *
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*USA'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateUSA
 C                   Movel     DateUSA       DateAlpha
  *
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*EUR'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateEUR
 C                   Movel     DateEUR       DateAlpha
  *
  *
 C                   When      Dt_Fmt   = '*JIS'
 C     *usa          Move      Date80        DateJIS
 C                   Movel     DateJIS       DateAlpha
 C                   EndSl
  *
 C                   Return    DateAlpha
 P GCurrDate       E

here is the pertinent pieces from the call

D#CURRENT         S               D
EVAL      #CURRENT = GCURRDATE('*MDY')