  • Subject: Fwd: Centering Text Within a Field - an addendum
  • From: Kmh0421@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2001 13:37:49 EDT

Geeez I really messed this one up, I guess I should have also stated that
fields NAME and CENTER are assumed to be 35 bytes long for this example. NAME
contains the left-justified text, while CENTER contains the centered text.

FromNews 3X/400's Power Tools for the AS/400-Wolume II (F.Dick & D.Riehl):
C    ' '    CHEKR NAME   X    30
C    35   SUB     X          X

C          DIV       2          X

C    ''     CAT      NAME:X      CENTER     P
There is probably a fancier way, but I remember this being in the book.
Kathie