Troy,

I don't know if this will help, but every time I have used CALLPRC I have
had to use the same names on all the parms.  Try changing the first two
parms in your CL to  &CALPER and  &CADTVA.  Like I said I don't know if it
will make a difference, but it has worked for me in the past.    I happened
to discover this during a debugging session on the procedure, the values
coming in were blank, I changed the CL parms to match the names of the
procedure and had values being passed.  Hope this will help.

MarK A McCarty
AS/400 Programmer/Developer
Navy Exchange Service Command

quote for the day:
"To those of you who received honors, awards and
distinctions, I say, well done. And to the C students, I
say, you too can be president of the United States."

- PRESIDENT BUSH, to Yale's graduates.

                    Troy.C.Dills@blum

                    .com                     To:     rpg400-l@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc:

                    owner-rpg400-l@mi        Fax to:

                    drange.com               Subject:     Help!!!!!!! Parameter
Passing

                    06/14/2001 03:29

                    PM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

Hello All

Someone please help : )!   This is a question continued from earlier this
morning.
I have 1 CL(LE) program (PGMA) which calls another program (PGMB) that
consist of a
CL (Module) Passing it some numeric parms (15  5) still at this point,
I change it to a char with a length of 8. Here is some sample code of the
CL (Module)

(PGMA consist of 1 CL Module only)
(PGMB consist of 1 CL Module and a 1 RPG Module)

DCL        VAR(&CPER) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(15 5)
DCL        VAR(&VPER) TYPE(*DEC) LEN(15 5)

DCL        VAR(&CALDT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)
DCL        VAR(&VALDT) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(8)

CHGVAR     VAR(&CALDT) VALUE(&CPER)
CHGVAR     VAR(&VALDT) VALUE(&VPER)

CALLPRC    PRC(MSG7AE) PARM(&CALDT &VALDT &INCAID +
               &WSALL &RECVR)

Here is a sample of my RPG Module

*ENTRY        PLIST
              PARM              CALPER       8
              PARM                    CADTVA           8 0
              PARM                    INCAID            10
              PARM                    WSALL              1
              PARM                    RECVR           10

              Eval                        ScDate = CalPer
(SCDATE  is equal to 8 char)

My program runs fine  but my output is blanks for this field any ideas?

PS, My first CL (PGMA) is using the

SBMJOB     CMD(CALL PGM(MSG7AE) PARM(&CPER &VPER &INCAID &WSALL)) +
           JOBQ(QBATCH) JOB(STC_OUT)

Am I completely off my Knockers?  If I am please someone put me out of my
misery

My brain has almost pooted out and I know this is very simple so someone
please
go ahead and make me look like an idiot.  I have no pride left.
 I've already checked out the faq's and the archives.

Thanks You Very Much
Troy C. Dills
Troy.C.Dills@Blum.com
Julius Blum Inc.
704-827-1345 ext 269

spammers  not  welcome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

david@midrange.com

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com