I haven't tried in some time, but I could never make it work. I always
thought it was an oversight and would be fixed in a future release. This
was from R8 of CLP38 to V4R5. I guess it's not happening.

Mark Walter
Sr. Programmer/Analyst
Hanover Wire Cloth a div of CCX, Inc.
mwalter@hanoverwire.com
http://www.hanoverwire.com
717.637.3795 Ext.3040

                    "Ronald A. Alford"

                    <ralford@richmond.        To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com

                    k12.va.us>                cc:

                    Sent by:                  Subject:     OPNQRYF

                    owner-rpg400-l@mid

                    range.com

                    05/25/01 03:57 PM

                    Please respond to

                    RPG400-L

Please, does anybody know if it is possible to use a NOT EQUAL on an %RANGE
built-in function in OPNQRYF.  I am constantly getting errors when trying
to do this.  This is how the statement looks when it is coded:

 3800 - OPNQRYF FILE(PGNL601) QRYSLT('  FUND *NE "120"
*AND FUND *NE "502" *AND FUND *NE  %RANGE("700" "760")

 (See attached file: ralford.vcf)

ralford.vcf