  • Subject: Re: Anyway to add in option to IBM command ?
  • From: Martin Rowe <martin@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 23 May 2001 08:13:50 +0100

On Wednesday 23 May 2001 02:07, Tong Dustbin wrote:
> I wonder anyway to code a new option to an existing
> IBM provided COMMAND. Is there any interface to do so
> ?
> For example, i want to add in an option to do CPYSPLF
> when user in the screen of WRKSPLF ?
> Anyway can make it in RPG, RPG IV, CL, C/400 , even MI
> ?

As far as I know this isn't possible with IBM commands[1], but you can
write your own program to mimic WRKSPLF giving it any options you
require. A number of these tools are available as freeware or shareware.
Brad Stone[2] has a shareware utility called SPLTOOL which has user
definable option like with PDM, so you could add in your CPYSPLF. I've
written (CL/RPG IV) a free WRKSPLF/WRKOUTQ hybrid[3] that has a built in
CPYSPLF (for creating .txt or .html files) that comes as source code, so
you could add in any additional function you require.

Regards, Martin

[1] I have seen people say they have renamed the send TCP file command to
Send network file behind option 1 as they didn't use the latter and
needed the former. I don't know how successful this approach is.
[2] http://www.bvstools.com
[3] http://www.dbg400.net - look for WRKUSROUTQ in the Extras section
--
martin@dbg400.net / jamaro@firstlinux.net