  • Subject: Re: LDA-problem, adding more specs.
  • From: Jim Langston <jimlangston@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 09:55:43 -0700

Oh!  The day before?  The LDA is as it is described, the LOCAL data area.
It is local to that session.  It is not saved at all when the user logs
off.  The next time they sign on, they are given a fresh LDA.

You need to write the current value of the LDA before the user logs off
(perhaps back in Program 1 when they return from pgm 2), and read it when
they start the program 1 again.

Many places to write it, your choice.  A Data Area (not local), a physical
file (perhaps with member names the same as their user name), just somewhere
on the DASD that you can read later.

Regards,

Jim Langston