  • Subject: Re: LDA-problem got solved
  • From: "alan shore" <SHOREA@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 12:49:17 -0400

Glad to see that the problem is solved.
As for the sarcasm, dont worry about. I love sarcastic humour, after all I
could reply....
If wit was shit, you'd be constipated,
But I'm above that
Are'nt I?

>>> <michel.cuypers@newwave.be> 04/11/01 12:17PM >>>

Hi, Y'All,

Problem is cracked 'n solved.

Thanks to Mike & Alan
     (Alan, also: sorry for being somewhat sarcastic, earlier-on)

Even though processing seemed to work in pgm3, and (+- identically coded) in
pgm1,
You guys got me thinking about the *LDA definition itself,
and I changed the LDA-coding as follows:

PGM1:
     D* LDA (LAST USED ENTITY NR)
     D                 DS
     D  $LDA                   1   1024
     D  ENTITY              1020   1024
     . . .
     C     *DTAARA       DEFINE    *LDA          $LDA

     . . .  Calculating $ENTY ...
     C* FILL IN LDA
     C                   IN        $LDA
     C                   MOVEL     $ENTY         ENTITY
     C                   OUT       $LDA
     C*

PGM2: No LDA-processing, whatsoever.

PGM3:
     D* LDA (LAST USED ENTITY NR)
     D                 DS
     D  $LDA                   1   1024
     D  ENTITY              1020   1024
     . . .
     C     *DTAARA       DEFINE    *LDA          $LDA

      C* NEW ENTITY
     C* KEEP IN LDA
     C                   Z-ADD     0             $ENTY             5 0
     C*
     C                   IN        $LDA
     C                   MOVEL     ENTITY        $ENTY
     C                   ADD       1             $ENTY
     C                   MOVEL     $ENTY         ENTITY
     C                   OUT       $LDA
********
Finally,it works...
     Even though I still don't get it why it did work in pgm3 and NOT in pgm1.
(Pgm3 was ended after each processing, as You recall ...)

Greetings, Michel