  • Subject: Re: C like Data Structure Definitions?
  • From: Evan Harris <spanner@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Jan 2001 16:24:42 +1300

Jim

If your intent is to make sure all the structures have the same structure
(sorry I couldn't resist :) would externally defining it meet your need ?

In the case that you needed to change the structure you would modify just
have to modify the external definition then recompile all the programs with
data structures referencing it. No maintenance of individual data
structures - and if needed you could use the prefix keyword to
differentiate structures referencing the the same external definition in
your programs.

HTH
Evan Harris