  • Subject: QDMRTVFO API won't work - help
  • From: "Mark A. Manske" <mmanske@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2000 12:14:45 -0600

Hello api gurus

I am new to API's, and have found the IBM manuals just as helpful and filled
with good examples as always (ha)

Here is the code snipt of the program I am trying to get to work
Basically this program will run only if the file has the ordbf set to QTEMP.

or is there another way to skin this cat (I could not see a library in the
infds; and true I could dspovr to a print file
and read that in, but that seems so archaic, or I could just do the ovrdbf
here - but I see some potential with this api
to make sure during testing that you are where you should be - a safety net
that could be coded into all your apps)

Mostly I want this to be part of the code so I know for sure what is
going on just in case in the future someone calls this program without a C/L
and inadvertently updates the live database.

D RTRNOVRDATA     S           1024A   INZ
D LENGTH          S              9B 0 INZ(%SIZE(RTRNOVRDATA))
D FORMATNAME      S              8A   INZ('OVRL0100')
D FILENAME        S             10A   INZ('MWPCUSTHST')

DOVRL0100         DS
D BYTESRETURNED                  9B 0
D BYTESAVAILABLE                 9B 0
D FILENAMEUSED                  10A
D LIBRARYNAME                   10A
D MEMBERNAME                    10A
D FINALOVERRIDE                 10A

D ERRORCODE       DS
D BYTPRV                         9B 0
D BYTAVA                         9B 0
D MSGID                          7A
D ERROR#                         1A
D MESSAGEDATA                  200A

C                   CALL      'QDMRTVFO'
C                   PARM                    RTRNOVRDATA
C                   PARM                    LENGTH
C                   PARM                    FORMATNAME
C                   PARM                    FILENAME
C                   PARM                    ERRORCODE

here are the values after the call

 EVAL ERRORCODE
 BYTPRV OF ERRORCODE = 077952576.
 BYTAVA OF ERRORCODE = 000000000.
 MSGID OF ERRORCODE = '       '
 ERROR# OF ERRORCODE = ' '
 MESSAGEDATA OF ERRORCODE =       equals blanks

EVAL OVRL0100
BYTESRETURNED OF OVRL0100 = 077952576.
BYTESAVAILABLE OF OVRL0100 = 077952576.
FILENAMEUSED OF OVRL0100 = '          '
LIBRARYNAME OF OVRL0100 = '          '
MEMBERNAME OF OVRL0100 = '          '
FINALOVERRIDE OF OVRL0100 = '          '

Now I know I am doing something really dumb by not fully understanding how
to "call" the API's
But any direction would be much appreciated.

TIA

Mark A. Manske
[mailto:mmanske@minter-weisman.com]
Sr. Project Lead