  • Subject: Re: Future RPG IV enhancements, you have been selected to vote
  • From: Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2000 13:41:59 -0500

e-mail the completed ballot to farr@ca.ibm.com.

[X] Num Cost  Summary
--- --- ----  -------
[ ]   1   $4  H-spec keyword EXTDEFS - internal format of ext fields.
[ ]   2   $6  %INT, %UNS, %FLOAT, and %DEC convert character to numeric.
[ ]   3  $12  RANGE and VALUES keywords.
[ ]   4   $8  Built-in functions for bitwise operations in expressions.
[X]   5   $6  SORTA arr1 {: arr2 ...} WITH key_arr1 {: key_arr2 ...}
[X]   6   $2  Extender on SORTA to reverse the order of sorting.
[ ]   7   $2  DEBUG(*RETVAL) to allow debugging of procedure return
values
[ ]   8   $4  EXTNAME to indicate types of fields to extract for EDS.
[ ]   9   $8  Keyed I/O enhancements: %KLIST, %KDS.
[ ]  10   $4  OPTIONS(*VARTYPE) to bypass type match of procedures
parms.
[X]  11   $4  New BIFs %TESTD, %TESTT, and %TESTZ.
[ ]  12  $20  Allow dynamic resizing of arrays and multi-occurrence DS.
[ ]  13   $2  Format change on a LIKE define for numerics.
[ ]  14   $4  New keyword, RECPREFIX, to prefix record-format names.
[ ]  15   $4  DIM(*FIT) with overlay field.
[ ]  16  $20  Multiple-dimension arrays in expressions.
[ ]  17   $8  SPECIAL files to handle all I/O opcodes, including keyed
ops
[ ]  18   $8  List of fields to update specified on opcode UPDATE.
[ ]  19   $4  Keyword DTAARAVAR to specify field to hold DTAARA name.
[ ]  20   $2  %OFFSET builtin function returns offset of subfield.
[ ]  21  $10  Short form assignment operators += -= *= /= **=
[ ]  22  $10  Multiple array element initialization.
[ ]  23   $2  Allow DS name on I/O operations to externally desc files.
[X]  24   $4  Keyword EXTDESC to identify name of external description.
[ ]  25  $10  Dynamic specification of basing variable, ie "p->var".
[X]  26  $20  Keyword DIM allowed on data structure.
[ ]  27  $20  Keyword LIKEDS allowed for data structure subfield.
[X]  28   $8  Option *ZEROFILL on %EDITC to include leading zeros.
[X]  29   $8  Option to edit negative numbers using parentheses.
[ ]  30   $4  ALIAS name support for externally described data
structures.
[X]  31  $20  Stream file I/O for IFS files.
[X]  32   $2  Second parameter on %TRIMx - char to trim.
[X]  33   $6  Built-in function %COND(condition:truevalue:falsevalue).
[ ]  34  $10  File device types for I/O to data queues and sockets.
[ ]  35  $30  Allow expressions as parameters to keywords.
[ ]  36  $30  Full null field support.

I voted early so I can vote more often. <g>

--
-Jeff
The opinions expressed are my own and not necessarily