Ahh, thanks Barbara, wasn't sure if it would compare them or not
with different lengths, so was just playing it safe.  I know for
a fact that comparing the trimmed values will give me what I expect.

And, yes, I did want to find just the first match, and as I understand
it my code is doing that.  The next command the program will hit after
the Eval FoundMatch = *On is the EndDo command (since the Reade is in
an else branch) and since part of the DoW is Not FoundMatch in effect,
as soon as the Do loop finds a match it will continue the code after the
Do loop.  I do not use Leave statements as IMO it makes the code a little
more difficult to understand.

 C                   DoW       Not %Eof(CCOHD04) And

 C                             Not FoundMatch

  *                  *** Container matches, does the Biller's Reference Number?
***
 C                   If        %Trim(OHRefB) = %Trim(CER_RefB)

 C                   Eval      FoundMatch = *On

 C                   Else

 C     CCOHD_Key     Reade     OHdRc

 C                   EndIf

 C                   EndDo