Title: RE: the hoopla over free-form code (was GOTO)

     LOL!

     ***NEWS FLASH***

     McDonalds has announced the development of RPG for Java today in
     response to IBM's announcement that all RPG programmers should
     learn Java or become burger flippers. "McDonalds has no use for
     these legions of RPG programmers", so in an effort to preserve
     their labor structure, they have developed RPGfree/Java.
     "Hopefully, this will satisfy both IBM and the RPG developers. This
     product has been developed by a team of sixteen year old
     burger-flippers in an attempt to protect their futures within the
     McDonalds organization."

     Critics of this project note that this version of RPG is not
     backward compatible with IBM's version of free format RPG, due to
     the lack of statement terminators and the support of the GOTO
     statement. All inquiries should be addressed to Billy, lead
     developer and shift-leader, McDonalds #3514.

     <laying low>
     eric.delong@pmsi-services.com