  • Subject: Fw: PGMREF and non-IBM Commands
  • From: "Ian Bunn" <ian.bunn@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Oct 2000 10:34:33 +0100

----- Original Message -----
From: Ian Bunn
Sent: 13 October 2000 08:35
Subject: Re: PGMREF and non-IBM Commands

I am currently in the process of developing a product to build up a picture of the BPCS system, ie. programs, files (where used), fields (where used), etc and this product is Freeware - yes Freeware.  This product will work on any AS/400 where programs have been developed using RPG II/III/400 and it will include IV/ILE in the near future.

The product will build a picture on the following:
  • Libraries - used to drill down to the following:
  • Programs (Parameters, Files used, called programs, other objects, fields used (renames w/ threads),/COPY routines, subroutines, called by other programs analysis, source code and levels).
  • Database Files (Physical files, record formats, fields + references, where used, Logical files, access paths, select/omit criteria)
  • Device Files (Display Files, Printer Files - all linked to the database and programs lists)
  • Data Areas (where used, external data structures, LDA definitions)
  • Job Descriptions (where used)
  • Commands (non OS/400)
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO BE INCLUDED IN THE DISTRIBUTION OF THIS TOOL THEN PLEASE SEND ME AN E-MAIL DIRECTLY AND NOT THROUGH THE LISTSERV.  MY E-MAIL ADDRESS IS ian.bunn@progeny400.com

Regards