  • Subject: System 36 internal display file....ARGASOFT.....
  • From: Kmh0421@xxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Oct 2000 01:04:45 EDT

ARGASOFT ... the messages are program, not system... very simple program, I
am missing something so simple I am sure... This is a <snip> of the screen in
question.... MCODE and CZPN are initially displayed blank. User keys batch
number and date... press ENTER... screen 6 displays with MCODE, part, etc.
User enters data, press enter... MCODE is blank immediately...

SDE123S06  03   NY 13 N                                   ABGHIJLQ
DS000006500200130Y                   11           CDATA ENTRY MODE
DS000006600160411Y                 69             CMAINTENANCE COD
DMCODE   00010433Y  YN    46           Y
DS000006700170711Y                 70             CPART NO. - PARE
DCZPN    00100733Y  Y     42           Y

Here are <snips> of the code....
 FDE123SF CD  F    1919            WORKSTN
 F                                              KFMTS  DE123SFM
  *
0117.00      IDE123SF  (note, i tried putting a record id here also, 86, but
same result)
0118.00      I* Format-DE123S04
0119.00      I                                        1   4 CBATNO
0120.00      I                                        5  10 CBDATE
0121.00       *
0122.00      IDE123SF
0123.00      I* Format-DE123S06
0124.00      I                                        1   1 MCODE
0125.00      I                                        2  11 CZPN
0126.00      I                                       12  21 CZCOMP

   C                     SETON                     81
   C                     SETON                     86
   C                     EXCPTSCRN6
   C                     SETOF                     86
   C                     READ DE123SF

The above lines display screen 6, you enter data, press enter, and do an F11
on MCODE in debug, and it is blank Immediately after above lines. It is
somehow clearing it immediately after I press enter... but I just don't see
what could clear it....

1232.00      O        E        84      SCRN4
1233.00      O                                   K8 'DE123S04'
1234.00      O                         CBATNO     4
1235.00      O                         CBDATE    10
1236.00      O                 13      ERRMS4    65
1237.00       *
1255.00      O        E        86      SCRN6
1256.00      O                                   K8 'DE123S06'
1257.00      O                         MCODE      1
1258.00      O                         CZPN      11
1259.00      O                         CZCOMP    21
1260.00      O                 13      ERRMS6    76
1261.00      O                 13      ERRMS     92
1262.00      O                         SBATNO    96
1263.00      O                 13      ERRMS1   118
1264.00      O                 13      ERRMS3   140

Clear as mud?
Thanks again
Kathie