Scott,
I think you are right, but I can't find it.  The definitions are as follows:
Qname 10A
Qlib 10A
Qlen 5/0
Wait-5/0
Data -DataStructure -Length 269 (In the compile, is correct)
LDADS Length 987 (In the compile, is correct)
D Specs for LDADS & Data:
D DATA          E DS                  EXTNAME(STUPDTAQ)
D STATUS         SDS           333
D LDADS         EUDS                  EXTNAME(STUPMSLT)
C* Define LDA to Program
CSR   *DTAARA       DEFINE    *LDA          LDADS
All numeric fields in both STUPDTAQ & STUPMSLT are signed.
There are a few other datastrucures in the pgm, but they are not
overlapping.
If I take the update out of the LDADS DSpec,    I no longer have that
problem, but I need it to retrieve a value from it.
Thanks...

Wendy,

This could be caused by improper definitions of the parametes in the receive
data q call thus corrupting memory.  Double-check that they are right, if
your not sure then post your definitions here.  By recompiling the program
you may have changed how all the fields are laid out in memory thus making
the program act differently, it was doing the same thing before but
corrupting an area of memory that wasn't readily apparent.

Scott Mildneberger