Patrick Conner wrote:
-snip-
>After reading an ILE concepts manual I saw were
>pure ILE expects modules to made of nothing but
>procs. So, I converted one of our model programs to use
>nothing but subprocedures replacing all subroutines
>and the main logic. It compiles but will not run.
>
>Attached is the code.
-snip-

Alas, on digest mode the attachment looks... well, unreadable, and in this
day of viruses I would hesitate to open any attachment.  That aside, what do
you mean by "compiles but will not run?"  Does it throw an error message?
Give unexpected results?

As a very first step toward using procedures, may I suggest taking one of
your functions, putting it in a program all it's own and running it there
using debug.  Compile the program with DBGVIEW(*LIST) and use STRDBG to step
through the procedure call with F22.  Watch what happens inside the
procedure and you'll probably see what the problem is.  For some very good
ILE information, visit the AS/400 home page http://www.as400.ibm.com follow
the library link, then the Redbooks link and search for RPG.  There's a new
Redbook out entitled "Who knew you could do that with RPG IV?"  Print it out
and keep it close.  You'll love it!

Buck Calabro
Aptis; Albany, NY

Billing Concepts Corp., a NASDAQ Listed Company, Symbol: BILL