  • Subject: RE: Data Queues
  • From: Chris Bipes <rpg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Jun 2000 16:35:06 -0700

Here are the parms we use for sending and receiving to a data queue, both
keyed and non keyed:
 * RECEIVE QUEUE - Non Keyed
C     #RCVDQ        PLIST
C                   PARM                    #QNAME           10    data
queue name
C                   PARM                    #QLIB            10    data
queue library
C                   PARM                    #RLEN             5 0  length
received
C                   PARM                    #RDATA                 receiver
variable
C                   PARM      30            #RWAIT            5 0  Time to
Wait
 * option (all or none) if sender ID is included
C                   PARM                    #SENDL            3 0  Length of
sender data
C                   PARM                    #SENDR           44    Sender ID

 * SEND QUEUE - Non Keyed
C     #SNDDQ        PLIST
C                   PARM                    #QNAME           10    data
queue name
C                   PARM                    #QLIB            10    data
queue library
C                   PARM                    #SLEN             5 0  length of
data to send
C                   PARM                    #SDATA                 data to
send

 *  RECEIVE QUEUE - Keyed
C     #RCVDQ        PLIST
C                   PARM                    #QNAME           10
C                   PARM                    #QLIB            10
C                   PARM                    #RLEN             5 0
C                   PARM                    #RDATA
C                   PARM                    #RWAIT            5 0
C                   PARM      'EQ'          #ORDER            2
C                   PARM                    #KLEN             3 0
C                   PARM                    #KDATA
 * optional (all or none)
C                   PARM        44          #SENDL            3 0
C                   PARM                    #SENDR           44

 * SEND QUEUE - Keyed
C     #SNDQ         PLIST
C                   PARM                    #QNAME           10
C                   PARM                    #QLIB            10
C                   PARM                    #RLEN             5 0
C                   PARM                    #RDATA
C                   PARM                    #RWAIT            5 0
C                   PARM                    #KLEN             3 0
C                   PARM                    #KDATA
C                   PARM                    #KLEN             3 0
C                   PARM                    #KDATA

The API is QSNDDTAQ for sending and QRCVDTAQ for receiving.  If the data
queue is defined as keyed, you must specify the key parms.  If the data
queue is defined as include sender id, you may request the sender id.

The sender id is:
 4 bytes packed 7,0 number of bytes returned
 4 bytes packed 7,0 number of bytes available
26 bytes character including the job name/user/number
10 bytes character including the name of the sender's current user profile

The sender length must be zero or have a value greater than or equal to
eight.
This is from an old AS/400 CL programmer's Guide, chapter 3.

Good luck and have fun.

Christopher K. Bipes     mailto:ChrisB@Cross-Check.com
Sr. Programmer/Analyst   mailto:Chris_Bipes@Yahoo.com
CrossCheck, Inc.         http://www.cross-check.com
6119 State Farm Drive    Phone: 707 586-0551 x 1102
Rohnert Park CA  94928 Fax: 707 586-1884

If consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds, only geniuses work here.
Karen Herbelin - Readers Digest 3/2000