I had done some tests with sequencially-only processing and I didnt understood
the results.
Let me explain:
I have 2 files (with 6 559 511 records each) SC9PFI51 and SC9PFI52. These two
are exactly equal except in one field value in all the records.

PURPOSE: For each record with the same RRN ( there is no problem here because
the SC9PFI52 is a copy of the SC9PFI51) if the records are different then I
write each record in the SC9PFDIF file. In the end of each test I cleared this
last file.

TESTS:I had done four tests (interactive) with it.
Characteristics: RISC; record lenght 95
1-   OVRDBF FILE(SC9PFI51) SEQONLY(*NO)
     OVRDBF FILE(SC9PFI52) SEQONLY(*NO)

2-   OVRDBF FILE(SC9PFI51) SEQONLY(*YES)
     OVRDBF FILE(SC9PFI52) SEQONLY(*YES)

3-   OVRDBF FILE(SC9PFI51) SEQONLY(*YES 680)
     OVRDBF FILE(SC9PFI52) SEQONLY(*YES 680)
Record number calculations done with the 64K block.

4-   OVRDBF FILE(SC9PFI51) SEQONLY(*YES 1340)
     OVRDBF FILE(SC9PFI52) SEQONLY(*YES 1340)

Record number calculations done with the 128K block (this is another qustion
that I would like to post
I had seen an IBM article
(http://as400service.ibm.com/supporthome.nsf/document/17882711)
where they speak about 128 K for RISC machines; but it was the only place where
I saw it evebody else talks in 64 K blocks. I dont understand which one is
correct ?)

RESULTS: In each compilation spool file there was the QRG7086 message for the 3
files used.
They all run more or less in the same time range 5-6 minutes and they all done
exactly the same thing.
I really dont understand the results because I think the processing time should
vary tremendously among each test.

A final question where can I found any messages issued during the execution
about SEQONLY processing ?

Any comments and suggestions are welcome...

Thanks a lot,
Silvio.

CODE EXTRACT:

FSC9PFI51IF  E                    DISK
F            SC9PR0I5                          KRENAMESC9LRI51
FSC9PFI52IF  E                    DISK
F            SC9PR0I5                          KRENAMESC9LRI52
FSC9PFDIFO   E                    DISK                      A
F            SC9PR0I5                          KRENAMESC9LRDIF

(.....)

C                     READ SC9LRI51                 95
C                     MOVE RECDS     RECI51
C                     READ SC9LRI52                 96
C           *IN,95    DOWEQ'0'                          -----.
C           RECDS     IFNE RECI51                            |
C                     MOVEL'RECI52'  USERI5                  |
C                     WRITESC9LRDIF                          |
C                     MOVE RECI51    RECDS     P             |
C                     MOVEL'RECI51'  USERI5                  |
C                     WRITESC9LRDIF                          |
C                     ADD  1         DIFF                    |
C                     ENDIF                                  |
C                     READ SC9PFI51                 95       |
C                     MOVE RECDS     RECI51    P             |
C                     READ SC9PFI52                 96       |
C                     ENDDO                             -----'

(.....)