  • Subject: Opening a Stream file in the root directory
  • From: "Adam White" <adam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 4 May 2000 23:21:35 +0100

I am trying to open a stream file in the root directory of the HFS.
Each time I try it I get the error CPF1F83 (File System name xxx not found).
I've also tried subdirectories and get the same error.
If I try to open it within the QDLS file system, everything works fine.  But
I don't want to do this!

Here's a snippet of the code:

 D #pPathInLn      s              9b 0
 D #pAttribLn      s              9b 0

 C     ' '           Checkr    PathIn        #pPathInLn
 C                   Call      'QHFOPNSF'
 C                   Parm                    #pHandleIn       16
 C                   Parm                    PAthIn
 C                   Parm                    #pPathInLn
 C                   Parm      '100 100   '  #pOpenInf        10
 C                   Parm                    #pAttribIn        1
 C                   Parm      *Zero         #pAttribLn
 C                   Parm                    #pAction          1
 C                   Parm                    DSErr
 C     ErByta        IfNe      *Zero
 C                   Move      ERMsid        PMsId
 C                   Movel     ErMsDt        PMsDt
 C                   Exsr      Close
 C                   Move      '1'           *inlr
 C                   Return
 C                   EndIf

PathIn is passed to the program and is 50 bytes long.

Any ideas?

Adam White
SLIC Systems Ltd
www.slic-systems.com <http://www.slic-systems.com>