  • Subject: Cool RPGLE example for Re: Internally defined by key value?
  • From: tomh@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2000 09:45:58 -0500

 *  This is an example of using a S/36 alt-index
 *  file which has 2 non-contiguous key fields:
 *    1 - 1..14
 *    2 - 19..22

 *  Note that the 'F' spec says that the key is 1 byte long,
 *  and begins in position 1.  It doesn't matter; because we
 *  have told the program that it is an indexed file, it is
 *  going to use the ACTUAL key fields, not what is defined
 *  here.

 *  Poor programming, but is intended only as an example.

finvneai   ip   f  240     1aidisk    keyloc(1)

d                 ds
d RealKey                       24
d vndr                           7  0 overlay(RealKey:1)
d invc                          10    overlay(RealKey:8)
d indt                           7  0 overlay(RealKey:18)

iinvneai   ns  01
i                             p    1    4 0invndr
i                                  5   14  ininvc
i                                 15   16 0inbmm
i                                 17   18 0inbnbr
i                             p   19   22 0inindt

c                   eval      vndr = invndr
c                   eval      invc = ininvc
c                   eval      indt = inindt

c     RealKey       dsply

                    Rob Berendt

                    <rob@dekko.com>          To:     RPG400-L@midrange.com

                    Sent by:                 cc: