  • Subject: Re: MACPAC
  • From: Anton Gombkötö <Gombkoetoe@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Apr 2000 16:30:53 +0200

And you really think that after
- rewriting (rewriting!) a WSU-program in RPGII
- converting it with an ASNA tool (nothing against ASNA! I loved their RPG
II(I) 1/2 on the S/36!)
the programs will still have their "nuances"?

<IMHO (in my humble opinion)>
Of course, $$$ makes the rules, but I'd let this one sit on his $$$, as
money shouldn't be the reason to do everything that a sick (but wealthy)
brain can think of. Give the hardware the software it deserves, and the
AS/400 doesn't deserve this. These people are in desperate need of a good IT
manager, but nobody knows it (yet). And what i've learned hanging around is
that facts like that aren't easy to tell and nobody wants to hear them
(except they spend big $$$ for another company telling them the same :-).
</IMHO>

0.02 Euro

Anton Gombkötö