  • Subject: RE: external *PRTF (was: RE: 'ILE RPG' or 'RPG IV' . What's the d iffe rence!!!)
  • From: "Bale, Dan" <DBale@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 12 Apr 2000 17:37:08 -0400

Dave,

I beg to differ.  QPRINT & QSYSPRT are indeed printer file objects, but they
are not externally described.

Still, no one has answered the question.  Is it possible to do meaningful
screen I/O with a display file created with SRCFILE(*NONE) using only RPG
I-specs and O-specs?  If there is, I can't see how it could be as simple to
code as internal printer file O-specs; you and someone else mentioned UDDS -
enough said?

Ah yes, workstation files using the primary cycle!  I think there was a
point where the only choice you had for workstation files on a S/34 was to
define it as primary.  Only later did we have the option to define it as a
"D"emand file.  (Or was that just the way it was introduced to me? <g>)

- Dan Bale