  • Subject: RE: FTP from PC to AS400
  • From: "Bale, Dan" <DBale@xxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2000 15:19:24 -0400

Scott,

Someone already emailed me privately on this, so thanks for posting this to
the list.  Yes, you're correct, although DOS prompt is actually called the
"command prompt".

BTW, this is my first experience with NT, and I thought I remembered that
command line DOS disappeared with NT.  You know, that Win95 was the bridge
to native Windows while still supporting DOS applications.  Or is it that NT
is not based on DOS like Win95 is?

BTW(2), WinNT 4.0 may well run on a Pentium 100 with only 32MB of memory,
but this not a good thing for maintaining good mental health.  Especially
when you're running multiple sessions of Rumba, Outlook, and Office Word.  I
feel sorry for the guy who had this box before I came on board; Microsoft
Visual Studio 6.0 is installed on this thing.  Whoa.

- Dan Bale