  • Subject: RE: Changing triggers
  • From: "Schlemme, Michael C." <mschlemme@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 4 Apr 2000 08:09:17 -0500

Title: RE: Changing triggers

Every night we recreate the data queue.  IBM says to occasionally recreate the data queue because it grows in size and never gets any smaller, even though the entries are removed.  The recreation CLLE ends all the jobs using the data queue (by sending an entry that says '*END'.  Next it gets the data queue attributes, and determines if there are any entries in the data queue.  A new data queue with the same attributes and name are created in QTEMP.  If there were any entries, it reads the entries from the production data queue and puts them in the data queue in QTEMP. Then the production data queue is deleted.  Next the data queue in QTEMP is moved to the production library and the programs using the data queue is restarted.  Any more questions, let me know.