Checking MSDN it reports that command INT removes the fractional part of a
number  and returns  the resulting integer value.
BUT..
It also states that

INT(number)
If number is negative , INT returns the first negative integer less than or
equal to number.  For example, INT converts -8.4 to -9.

Well, thats where microsoft stands on the int function.  Can you find a
description in the ILE/RPG manual for this?  What does it say?

"Peter Dow" <pcdow@yahoo.com> on 02/03/2000 07:52:51

Please respond to RPG400-L@midrange.com