  • Subject: Re: Using % type functions
  • From: "Peter Dow" <pcdow@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2000 23:02:05 -0800

Hi Jim,

What you need to do is convert the subroutine to a procedure, i.e. replace
the BEGSR/ENDSR with P-specs, add a prototype defintions (D-spec type "PR")
in the main part of the program and a matching procedure interface within
the procedure. These define the parameters passed to the procedure. Then you
can use it as you described, but without the percent sign:

> C           Eval   BSDPuR = MoveMDYToDate(CMDPuR)

Another advantage of converting to a procedure is that the procedure can
have local variables.

For more details, they're all in the ILE RPG Reference manual. I'm pretty
sure they were available for V3R7, but not totally sure...

HTH
Peter Dow
Dow Software Services, Inc.
909 425-0194 voice