I know this is old (over a month ago now), but I just got back on the
list and the following post really got my goat.  Hey Wynn, why _not_
take other people's feelings into consideration?  Is that too "childish"
for someone as sophisticated as you?  After all, it's soooooo old
fashioned, according to you ("That is the 90's thing to do is it not?").

Have we completely discarded the notion of civility now?  Kinda like
the "road rage" drivers out there.  Behavior that someone feels
appropriate because they're so anonymous in a car but would never
exhibit in any other social setting?  Same with list email.  Probably
nobody on this list knows who Wynn Osborne is, so you feel you can let
loose with a tirade if someone happens to tweak you the wrong way?

Please spare me.  This is a list subscribed to by AS/400 professionals.
A "professional" with your snide attitude wouldn't last a day in my
company.

All _that_ said, I can't say that I've really seen that much negativity
in the RPG400-L or MIDRANGE-L lists.  When it does happen, I've usually
seen replies that tell the "offender" to tone it down.  Folks, in
email, emoticons make all the difference in the world, especially to
convey "just kidding" remarks, the kind that might otherwise provoke
an angry reply.

Enuf said.
- Dan