  • Subject: RE: doing date arithmetic in CL
  • From: Joel Fritz <JFritz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2000 09:39:05 -0800

I agree with you about date calculations in CL and the new Y2K myth, but in
all fairness, I think a lot of engineering calculations are based on
algorithms that work most of the time or at least produce results that are
"close enough."  e.g. Newtonian mechanics. The leap year algorithm that uses
4, 100, and 400 is only a pretty darned good approximation, admittedly a lot
better than the one that only uses 4.

I had an extra day off and need to slough off some of the extra energy
through pedantry. <g>

---A mind is a terrible thing to use.

Joel Fritz