  • Subject: RE: Join & Update
  • From: Larry Paque <larry@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 16:33:42 -0700

You don't have to go through your programs to make them use the format
selector program.  It's specified on the CRTLF command.

When we moved to the AS400 I converted a 17 format file to 17 physical files
with a multiformat logical using a format selector program.  It worked great
and we ended up with a much more manageable database.  The IBM docs to do it
were pretty clear but I don't remember which book it was in.  We named the
new logical with the same name as the old physical file so we did not have
to change any of our programs.

Larry Paque
Echo Service Company
larry@scjins.com