  • Subject: RE: JDE
  • From: "Kahn, David [JNJFR]" <DKahn1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Aug 1999 14:26:59 +0200

Roberto,

RPAN8J is for the address book number of an alternate payee. It's used to
make payments to a party other than the invoicing supplier, for example a
factor. You can find this information yourself (in World or WorldVision) by
looking up AN8J in the data dictionary, then using F10 to see the glossary.
If you use RPAN8J for something else you may well experience problems in
your payment runs. The best way to be sure what will happen is to try it out
in your CRP environment. However, it's not generally a good idea to reuse a
field that has a specific purpose. Even if you don't have problems in this
release you may get some in the next, by which time you will be committed.

Without wishing to sound snotty, can I also suggest that you might get more,
and more helpful, responses to JDE questions from a different list? Try, for
example, the JDEList Mailing List. Archives and information on how to
SUBSCRIBE, and UNSUBSCRIBE can be found at http://www.JDELIST.com. RPG400-l
is for specific issues relating to the RPG progamming language(s). I'm not
sure whether your initials confer a privileged status on you, though. ;-)

Dave Kahn
Johnson & Johnson International (Ethicon) France
Phone : +33 1 55 00 3180
Email :  dkahn1@jnjfr.jnj.com (work)
           dkahn@cix.co.uk      (home)