  • Subject: RE: BrainStorming on changes/addtions
  • From: Jon.Paris@xxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 24 Aug 1999 11:33:37 -0400

 >>>The command options NOT allowed on the H-Spec are: PGM, MODULE, SRCFILE,
SRCMBR, DBGVIEW, OUTPUT, REPLACE, TGTRLS, and DEFINE.

 >> Is there a particular reason that DBGVIEW is not allowed?

Yes - I'm told it is because the debug template is built by the command
processor and is already in place before the first line of source has been read.
This can (and may in future) be changed but there was not enough resource to do
it in V4R2.

Target release is a similar story but much harder (read near impossible) to fix
without incurring a major overhead in compile time. Reason being that the
command processor switches the library list so that a different compiler is
called (i.e. the Old compiler) - all the work done to date would have to be
thrown away and the compile restarted to make it work.