  • Subject: RE: Another RPG Suggestion
  • From: Rob Berendt <rob@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 14:49:04 -0500

How would the following be handled?
 D   CustNo        S                7P 2
 D  workCust       S                 A      Like(CustNo)

 C                 MOVE      CustNo        WorkCust

CustNo would be 1234567 not 12345.67.

I like the direct method versus the workaround, but I thought
I'd point out the workaround, (which I am sure you already know).

 C                 EVAL      workCust = %editc(CustNo:'Z')
  * workCust now equals 1234567
or
 C                 EVAL      workCust = %editc(CustNo:'4')
  * workCust now equals 12345.67

Those codes are why I still have a cutout of output spec coding
sheet taped to my wall.

cozzi@rpgiv.com on 07/13/99 02:31:20 PM
Please respond to RPG400-L@midrange.com@Internet