  • Subject: RE: Print file with varying font size
  • From: Buck Calabro <mcalabro@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 13 May 1999 09:10:24 -0400

The first place to look is the DDS compile listing.  Check for warning
messages (like FONT keyword ignored)  The second place to look is in the
job log of the printer writer.  See if there are any messages about font
being ignored or substituted.

I can't speak to whether the OKI printer supports it or not, but try
configuring it as DEVTYPE(*IPDS) MODEL(0) instead of the 3812.  When you
compile the DDS, compile it with DEVTYPE(*IPDS).  You can try AFP(*YES) if
you want, but you shouldn't need it if all you need are a few different
fonts.

You can also try more common fonts - perhaps the printer is having a
problem with Century Schoolbook.  Try 011 Courier 10 and 085 Courier 12.

Buck Calabro
Billing Concepts Albany, NY