Hello everybody,

     As earlier said by some one you cannot access a database field
variable in the program unless and untill U refer it by a program
field. If, for what U thought was possible then just try out and see
the value of  any other database variables which are not referenced
in the program, I'm sure that U will not be able to get it.

That's all,
Have a nice day...

>From: Praveen Marath <PraveenM@alfuttaim.co.ae>
>To: rpg400-l@midrange.com
>Subject: Amazing....!!!
>Date: Wed, 28 Apr 1999 10:22:18 +0400
>
>I encountered a typical problem. I will describe it detail.
>Before Y2K conversion my code in a program looks like this
>This is a datastructure to manipulate date. All except SINDT is from
File.
>  * DS for Invoice Date
> I            DS
> I                                       1   60SINDT
> I                                       1   20SINYY
> I                                       3   40SINMM
> I                                       5   60SINDD
>
>SINDT is used to move another file field.  After Y2K Conversion the
dates
>coming from here were not correct. Code after Y2K conversion looks
like
>this.
>
>             * DS for Invoice Date
>
>            I            DS
>
> Y2CHGI*                                       1
60SINDT
> Y2CHGI                                        1
80SINDT
> Y2CHGI*                                       1
20SINYY
> Y2BCVI*                                       1
40SINYY
> Y2BRVI                                        1
40PGINYY
> Y2BRV * 'SINYY' IS RENAMED & EXPANDED AS
'PGINYY'.
> Y2CHGI*                                       3
40SINMM
> Y2CHGI                                        5
60SINMM
> Y2CHGI*                                       5
60SINDD
> Y2CHGI                                        7
80SINDD

>In short SINYY is removed from data structure and replaced by
PGINYY. while
>reading from file SINYY is passed on to a conversion routine and
passed on
>to PGINYY as 4 digit.
>
>I did'nt felt anything wrong on this, So I used ISDB to debug it.
When I am

david@midrange.com          *