  • Subject: Re: System Date Retrieval solution
  • From: "G.R.Srinivas" <srinivasgr@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jan 1999 22:21:54 -0800 (PST)

Hi Rishi,
Thanks for the kind and prompt reply. I've written the code as u've
said.
 PGM
 DCL        VAR(&DAT1) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
 DCL        VAR(&DAT2) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6)
 RTVSYSVAL  SYSVAL(QDATE) RTNVAR(&DAT2)
 CVTDAT     DATE(&DAT2) TOVAR(&DAT1) TOFMT(*ISO) TOSEP(-)
 CALL       PGM(DATRPG1) PARM(&DAT1)
 ENDPGM
 But for storing the date into PF you need RPG isn't it?

My RPG code is as follows ---:

FDATE1   O   E                    DISK
C           *ENTRY    PLIST
C                     PARM           DAT1   10
C                     WRITEDATREC
C                     SETON                     LR
 Even then the RUNQRY result was as follows ---:

Line   ....+....1
       DAT1
000001 0001-01-01
****** ********  End of report  ********
 Rajeev Asthana suggested to use TIME opcode. I used that also.
   Srinivas.

Hi Rajeev,
 My RPG Code is as follows ---:
 FDATE1   O   E                    DISK
 C                     TIME           TIM1   120
 C                     MOVE TIM1      TIMC   12
 C           6         SUBSTTIMC:7    DAT2    6
 C                     CALL 'DATCL'
 C                     PARM           DAT2
 C                     PARM           DAT1   10
 C                     WRITEDATREC
 C                     SETON                     LR
************** End of data **************************

My CLP is ---:
PGM        PARM(&DAT2 &DAT1)
DCL        VAR(&DAT1) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(10)
DCL        VAR(&DAT2) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6)
CVTDAT     DATE(&DAT2) TOVAR(&DAT1) TOFMT(*ISO) TOSEP(-)
RETURN
***** End of data **************************************

Even then the RUNQRY result is --
Line   ....+....1
       DAT1
000001 0001-01-01
000002 0001-01-01
****** ********  End of report  ********
AS I told I've declared DAT1 in PF as L data type. My problem is I am
not able to write the date data into my PF. Kindly advise.
Thanks.
Srinivas.

Hi Jon,
Thanks for the advice. Till now I haven't shifted to RPG IV. Once I
learn that I'll do that.
Thanks a lot once again.
Srinivas.

---rishi pherwani <rishirp@yahoo.com> wrote:

> hi Srinivas,
> Rishi here
> i have got the solution and my program is running fine.
> i am working on V4R2.
> keep the length of the field as 6 char.
> heres my program
> PGM
>  DCL        VAR(&DATE1) TYPE(*CHAR) LEN(6)
>  RTVSYSVAL  SYSVAL(QDATE) RTNVAR(&DATE1)
>  SNDPGMMSG  MSG(&DATE1) TOPGMQ(*EXT)
>  ENDPGM
>
> bye
> rishi
> ---"G.R.Srinivas"  wrote:
> >
> > Hello Everyone,
> >
> > Can anyone help me in retrieving system date either in CLP or in RPG
> > and storing it in the PF. I am working on V4R3. I've tried the
> > following method but it didn't work.
> >
> > PF Member --:
> > R DATREC
> >                   DAT1            L
> >
> > DSPF Member --:
> > A                                  5 21'DATE : '
> > A            DAT1      R     L  I  5 31REFFLD(DATREC/DAT1
TLIB1/DATE1)

> > RPG Member --:
> > FDATE1   O   E                    DISK
> > FA       CF  E                    WORKSTN
> > C                     EXFMTDA
> > C                     WRITEDATREC
> > C                     SETON                     LR
> >
> > Input --:
> >
> >  DATE :    1999-01-01
> >

> > PF output --:
> >                                 Display Report

> >                                              Report width . . . .
. :
> >     10
> > Position to line  . . . . .              Shift to column  . . . .
. .