CHKDSK result:

PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> chkdsk G: /R
The type of the file system is NTFS.
Volume label is WinImages.

Stage 1: Examining basic file system structure ...
3072 file records processed.
File verification completed.
Phase duration (File record verification): 1.53 seconds.
2 large file records processed.
Phase duration (Orphan file record recovery): 0.00 milliseconds.
0 bad file records processed.
Phase duration (Bad file record checking): 0.86 milliseconds.

Stage 2: Examining file name linkage ...
19 reparse records processed.
3950 index entries processed.
Index verification completed.
Phase duration (Index verification): 3.01 seconds.
0 unindexed files scanned.
Phase duration (Orphan reconnection): 7.42 milliseconds.
0 unindexed files recovered to lost and found.
Phase duration (Orphan recovery to lost and found): 3.18 milliseconds.
19 reparse records processed.
Phase duration (Reparse point and Object ID verification): 6.82
milliseconds.

Stage 3: Examining security descriptors ...
Security descriptor verification completed.
Phase duration (Security descriptor verification): 36.49 milliseconds.
440 data files processed.
Phase duration (Data attribute verification): 3.41 milliseconds.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
3435520 USN bytes processed.
Usn Journal verification completed.
Phase duration (USN journal verification): 59.61 milliseconds.

Stage 4: Looking for bad clusters in user file data ...
3056 files processed.
File data verification completed.
Phase duration (User file recovery): 16.34 hours.

Stage 5: Looking for bad, free clusters ...
11655798 free clusters processed.
Free space verification is complete.
Phase duration (Free space recovery): 0.00 milliseconds.

Windows has scanned the file system and found no problems.
No further action is required.

4769272 MB total disk space.
4723524 MB in 2488 files.
1828 KB in 441 indexes.
0 KB in bad sectors.
221667 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
46623192 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
1220933887 total allocation units on disk.
11655798 allocation units available on disk.
Total duration: 16.34 hours (58859127 ms).
PS C:\WINDOWS\system32>

It says 4.6tb available. File explorer shows 4.6tb used, 38gb available.
Time for a format.

After the format, file explorer shows 4.6tb available. Sigh. Time to
start over with images.

On Wed, Oct 5, 2022 at 1:39 PM Jeff Crosby <jlcrosby@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>