I second the Unifi UAP-AC-PRO. I have one and it has worked great! You will need to get a 48v POE adapter if its not included. You will also need to run the controller software to configure the AP. Crosstalk Solutions and Willie Howe have YouTube videos on how to get up and running with Unifi gear!

Paulo Raposo

-----Original Message-----
From: PcTech <pctech-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxx> On Behalf Of Rick Byrd via PcTech
Sent: Thursday, October 25, 2018 12:24 PM
To: PC Technical Discussion for IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) Users <pctech@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: Rick Byrd <rickbyrd111@xxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re: [PCTECH] AP Recommendation

Hello,

On newer wireless routers you will have the choice of broadcasting either 2.4 GHz or 5Ghz (or both). The lower frequency has better range, and the higher has better bandwidth.

You can also setup each frequency with its own SSID, so you always connect at the desired frequency. To avoid crowding, I program my closer downstairs devices to always use the 5 GHz frequency.

Hope this helps!

Rick Byrd

Sent from my iPhone