The 3rd party that hosts our ordering website says they were essentially
'forced' to install certificates because other distributors sites they host
had customers complaining that it was not secure.

They're going to do a redirect such that everyone that comes in to our
ordering site will automatically get the https:// site.

But they say there's a danger that "there may be issues with older
firewalls and proxies". Is that true? I would have thought that in this
day and age . . .