Anyone here got any experience dealing with the gods of gmail?

We are getting emails from our IBM i rejected as spam by gmail and the response just tells us to study the Bulk Senders Guidelines (https://support.google.com/mail/answer/81126?hl=en) - not sure why they identify it as spam or bulk - it is neither but they don’t give you the scores so you never know what the issue is. All I know is that every other email address we send to _except_gmail_ addresses is just fine.

The only obvious thing I can on the bulk senders info is the bit about a reverse DNS entry i.e. "Keep valid reverse DNS records for the IP address(es) from which you send mail, pointing to your domain.”.

Problem I have is that we are hosted on iInTheCloud and use their central SMTP mailer. So I’m guessing that the IP of that box is the one I have to use and associate it with mail.systemideveloper.com or whatever it is coming from.

Anyone got any experience with dealing with this? Google are helpful about so many things - but gmail just seems to be the exception - they are zero help to senders.

Jon Paris

www.partner400.com
www.SystemiDeveloper.com