Tom Jedrzejewicz
tomjedrz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

"Illegitimi non carborundum"

On Fri, Jun 21, 2013 at 2:27 PM, Bob Cagle <bcagle@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Check OpenDNS.com. That's what I use for my son's PC, and it has worked
quite well.

Bob Cagle

From: Vidal, Peter

List!
Well, I have two boys, 8 and 5, and I have started to look around for
good parental controls on browsers. I not only need to have websites
blocked but I need to exclude specific words to be searched and specific
images to be blocked. If I use Yahoo SafeSearch Filter, I can switch to
IMAGES and see stuff. I would say the same thing with Google
SafeSearch:

a) IE - Microsoft has the Windows Live FAMILY SAFETY but that does
not do all that I need. I do not think it blocks words I am searching
in.

b) FireFox - No built in PC features (sad). I know that there are
add-ins available but I am looking for the best one, based on your
experience, if any.

c) Chrome - No built in PC features (sad). I know that there are
add-ins available but I am looking for the best one, based on your
experience, if any.

I reviewed www.download.com<http://www.download.com> and other sites,
looking for the best acceptable solutions out there. My preference is
FREE but if I have to pay, obviously, I will. I know that the solution
is not perfect and is a combination of tools, wise teaching, and
building integrity and trust between your child and you. I just want to
have a sense of what you guys are exposed and have experience with.

Thank you all in advance for your suggestions / comments.

Peter Vidal
--
This is the PC Technical Discussion for IBM i (AS/400 and iSeries) Users